How to Make Great Pancakes (Because You’re Probably Doing It Wrong)
Do you feel like you suck at pancakes? You probably do. Most people do. There are a couple simple steps that will make anyone’s pancakes good.
1. Use a skillet, not a pan.
2. Let your skillet heat up completely before you pour.
3. If you’re using Bisquick or some other mix, you’ve got to add some stuff: half teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1/8 cup of vegetable oil.
4. Use less water than recommended. Runny batter WILL NOT make thick, fluffy pancakes.
5. Let your batter sit for 10-15 minutes minimum. This is key. This is where most people go wrong. For the ingredients to rise, you’ve got to let your batter sit.
6. Don’t worry about spraying your skillet because the oil in the batter will help it not stick.
7. Lastly, don’t burn the pancake.